Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Segregation NOW!

Dear Honest Opinion who suggested that if homos don’t like Holland than they should all leave:


Holland is my home town. No matter what, it will always be my home town. I can’t help that I was born and raised there. Did you pick your birth place? The problem is that I ENJOY working in Holland. Many of my coworkers are Christians. Most of my coworkers know that I’m gay. And you know what, it’s not a big deal.

But I think Holland is more than a religious community. It’s not some homogenous lump all subscribing to the same beliefs. It’s comprised of all sorts of different people. Isn’t that what a community is?

You’re right it was a Paid For Advertisement . Free Speech is Free Speech. But had the ad targeted another group of people whether it be ethnic or religious or whatever, I’m not so sure that it would have been allowed. But sure if everyone can pay for an ad that lists myths and facts about another group of people, go for it.

I don’t think a person or group of people should have to leave a town because they disagree with one or two things. If that were the case, we would all have leave. Isn’t that part of democracy---trying to promote positive change to help create a community that we all want to live in? Or maybe we should designate specific states or cities for differering political and religious beliefs. Let’s reinstate segregation.

No comments: